Everyone can help the marine life with these tips:
- Cut up plastic six-pack rings, ribbons and packing straps before disposing of them appropriately.
- Carry a re-useable water bottle and canvas bag for shopping.
- Choose products that have less packaging and buy in bulk where possible.
- Reduce the plastics I buy (it takes 450 years for a plastic bottle to decompose!)
- Reduce the toxins I use in my yard and put down my sink, as they can end up in waterways.
- Select re-usable items whenever possible, re-purpose and recycle as much as possible.