Building outdoor shelters for feral cats.
What to do if you see an animal trapped in a hot car
Resources for Vegan Food
The Vegetarian Resource Group for vegetarian and vegan tips.
Animal Free Clothes
Physical Therapy for Pets
Great discussion and tips discussing the need of physical therapy for pets, by Barbara Foster.
This link was contributed by Sara, from The After School Program. Thank you Sara, for caring about animals!
Tips on Vegan Clothes
Do you realize what it takes to create fur, leather, and other animal-based products? Animals are skinned alive, parts cut off or plucked while the animal is still alive. No anesthesia! Total heartless horror. Unspeakable. See tips here and where you can buy vegan clothing.
Home Safety Guide for Pet Owners
Guide for common household dangers for pets, food safety tips, how to pet-proof your home, safety for exotic pets, safety during a natural disaster and more.
Disaster Kit for Animals tips from Animal Protection of New Mexico.
What You Don’t Know About Lost Pets Can Hurt Them
Choosing a Vet
Helping a Stray
Keeping Pets Safe from Shocks
Pledge to Help Marine Life
- Cut up plastic six-pack rings, ribbons and packing straps before disposing of them appropriately.
- Carry a re-useable water bottle and canvas bag for shopping.
- Choose products that have less packaging and buy in bulk where possible.
- Reduce the plastics I buy (it takes 450 years for a plastic bottle to decompose!)
- Reduce the toxins I use in my yard and put down my sink, as they can end up in waterways.
- Select re-usable items whenever possible, re-purpose and recycle as much as possible.